Last Updated: 5th February 2017
Respect for your privacy is coded into our DNA. Since we started vContact, we’ve aspired to build our Services with a set of strong privacy principles in mind.
Information We Collect
vContact receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
Information You Provide
* Your Account Information. You provide your mobile phone number to create a vContact profile. You provide us the phone numbers in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture, email address, website and notes.
* Your Connections. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we create a list of your contacts for you to connect on vContact.
* Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services. and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
Automatically Collected Information
* Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
* Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
* Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you an invite to connect, and share their vContact profile with you.
* Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
How We Use Information
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
* Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
* No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on vContact. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
Information You And We Share
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
* Account Information. Your verified phone number, profile name and photo may be available to anyone who uses our Services and connected to you on the platform, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
* Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
* Third-Party Services. When you use third-party services that are integrated with our Services, they may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (such as iCloud or Google Drive), they will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
* Services Settings. You can choose whom you would want to share your verified profile with, via requests and connections.
* Changing Your Mobile Phone Number, Profile Name and Picture. You must change your mobile phone number using our in-app edit profile feature and transfer your account to your new mobile phone number. You can also change your profile name, profile picture at any given time.
Law And Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, vContact or others.
Updates To Our Policy